In the year 1557 Priest Nagler served in Ruppendorf as a protestant-lutheran priest. Due to this, the village had its own parish. Part of the parish property were a saxon “Hufe”, approximately 19,9 hectares of agricultural land, a small parish wood, two horses and oxen.

The parish of Ruppendorf survived the cruelties of the Thirty Years’ War, especially in the fall of 1632 when the soldiers of the imperial colonels destroyed a lot of the community. A similar fate came upon the local community in 1639 when the Swedish attacked. Apart from the church, the sexton’s house and three other houses Ruppendorf had been burned down almost completely. Beerwalde and Paulshain also became victims of the flames. The parish property remained deserted between 1631 and 1653 and was only completely rebuilt half-timbered between 1653 and 1657 with walls of clay and a thatched roof.

The main house was renewed in the middle of the 19th century. The barn, however, is still in its in 1660 renewed form. Hence, it is more than 360 years old and one of Ruppendorf’s oldest buildings. Since 1982 the priest of Höckendorf has joined the administration of the parish Ruppendorf. Since then the parish property main house has been home to the deacon, who is responsible for the children and teenagers of the area. In 1992 the parish property main house was modernised and rooms for the members of the local community were added.


The Parish Property 2023 [Picture: Peer Pfohl].